Mold & Heat Treatments
Attention Restoration Professionals and Environmental Consultants!:
Got a tough mold problem? Have traditional methods failed? Our experienced structural pasteurization experts can help! Request a no-cost consultation. We’ll help you find a cost effective solution for your hard-to-remedy mold jobs.
|Request a No-Cost Consultation|
Find out more about how Thermapure can help you grow your restoration business.
|I want to be a ThermaPure® Licensee|
Homeowners, a licensed ThermaPure Service Provider can help you get rid of mold in your home.
|Find an Environmental Services Provider|
Mold (fungi) spores are present virtually everywhere – indoors and outdoors. The exposure to mold and the bacteria that can live with it has been linked to numerous health problems such as cough, congestion, eye or sinus irritation, rashes, headaches, and the aggravation of asthma, depending upon the amount of exposure and a person’s individual vulnerability.
Mold growth requires basically three things:
- A food source such as wood, drywall, or dust
When you remove any one side of the “Mold Triangle”, the mold cannot grow. Consistent housekeeping and maintenance can control the growth of mold, but when mold gets out of hand, professional remediation is necessary to safely remove the contamination. Conditions can vary the results of studies to determine thermal death points. To account for the complications of practical application, ThermaPureHeat® technicians specify temperatures and durations exceeding those recorded in the lab. For mold and other microbes, ThermaPureHeat® requires that temperatures throughout the treatment area reach 150 degrees and remain at or above for a minimum of two hours. ThermaPureHeat® technicians may vary temperatures and durations based on the level of contamination, complexity of the structure or other field conditions.
It’s not just the Mold
Should you suspect that you have a mold problem, there are 4 things that may need to be removed to restore healthy indoor air quality:
- Moisture or Water Intrusion. Most mold growth results from abnormally high levels of indoor moisture.
- Mold Growth. The physical removal of any accessible colonies, and the killing of inaccessible mold and spores are necessary for complete remediation.
- Bacterial Contamination. Bacteria are often found living on wet building materials along with mold and must be eliminated.
- Insect Infestations. Certain mold spores can cling to insects as they walk through mold growth. Insects thrive in damp areas and will spread the mold spores within a building.
What To Do First
Your first call is very important. Ask for our free guide “Mold Clean-up Checklist” to help you make the right choices.
- Have mold testing done by an Indoor Environmental Professional (IEP). A professional consultant may save you thousands in unneeded work. Your report should indicate the source of the water intrusion, determine the extent and type of contamination, and describe the remediation work required.
- Stop the Moisture Intrusion. Follow the recommendations of your consultant to remove the source of moisture. This must be done or the mold may return.
- Disinfect Your Building with Heat™. Traditional mold remediation may not kill bacteria and insects. Insist on ThermaPureHeat®, a more advanced and thorough method of remediation.
Kill Mold with Heat™
- Kills Mold even in inaccessible cracks and voids.
- Kills Bacteria that may be affecting your health.
- Kills the Insects that can spread mold in buildings.
- Helps dry out the affected area.
- Reduces annoying and irritating odors.
The ThermaPureHeat® Process
“The Simple Miracle of Clean, Dry Heat”
Your health is our first concern. The ThermaPureHeat® process is an effective tool for improving the air you breathe.
First, to protect your building from cross contamination, a plastic containment barrier is erected to confine the mold spores. Mold spores can become airborne when disturbed during cleaning. A vacuum is created using HEPA filtered negative air machines to eliminate outbound leaks in the containment and capture any airborne spores.
The accessible mold contamination is physically removed. Damaged and weakened building materials are removed while other surfaces are thoroughly cleaned. Our technicians wear personal protection equipment while working. Mold clean-up is nothing to try on your own.
Then clean, dry heat is directed into the containment through flexible Mylar ducting and the inside air is slowly raised to a safe “sauna-like temperature”, but one that is lethal to mold, bacteria and insects. This heating process also helps dry out your building. Once the desired temperature level has been maintained for the specified time, the cool-down begins.
After remediation, your consultant should again test to be sure that the inside air is as clean, or cleaner, than the outside air. Only then can we remove the protective containment barriers and your remediation process is finished.
ThermaPureHeat® is considered a new and developing technology as a fungal remediation tool.
The implementation of ThermaPureHeat® is not the same technology as gross mold removal. Whenever possible, gross removal of mold should be the preferred method of mold remediation. When ThermaPureHeat® is used as a remediation tool the project should be overseen by an independent and qualified Indoor Environmental Professional (IEP).
Most fungal remediation methods, including ThermaPureHeat®, leave both dead and live fungi following remediation. Both live and dead fungi are a potential health risk.
Stop Mold With Heat®
The ThermaPureHeat® process is a patented new technology that utilizes clean, dry, odorless heat to create an environment that is lethal to the targeted organism. We deploy this process for the disinfection of structures, enclosable areas, and objects, such as mail or household items.
While much of our work is involved in treating entire structures for the more common hazards such as termites, mold, and other microorganisms, the same scientifically proven principles we use are effective on bacterial and viral contamination such as the Hantavirus, Anthrax and Smallpox.
Remove Odor with Heat™
Many of the indoor air quality issues the ThermaPureHeat® process is used to solve are accompanied by odors. Odors are caused by the organic deterioration of a substance. This substance can be VOCs, Formaldehyde, bacteria, molds, etc.
The ThermaPureHeat® process can easily reduce many odors caused by common indoor contaminants. By increasing the temperature of the structure we can increase the vapor pressure causing the source to off-gas more quickly. The process will then remove the gas from the structure. The result is a cleaner indoor environment.
|Find an Environmental Services Provider||I want to be a ThermaPure® Licensee|